What is the WEEKEND BACKPACK Project?
Every week, September through May, we send 20 backpacks home with kids from our elementary school who might not have enough to eat over the weekend. There are ways you can help!
Pack the bags. We meet at the church on Wednesdays at 4:00 PM. Feel free to join us!
Purchase food. Here is a list of the food items we use:
- BREAKFAST :Individual oatmeal packets, individual cereal boxes, granola bars
- SNACK: Pudding cups, peanut butter or cheese sandwich crackers, individual sized pretzels, pretzel sandwiches, Ritz cracker sandwiches, graham cracker bites, individual fruit snacks, chewy granola bars, microwave popcorn, juice boxes
- LUNCH: Individual Mac n Cheese cups, Ready to Eat single serving Chef-boy-ar-dee pasta, Ready to eat single serving Kroger brand Chili, Chicken N Dumplings, Beans and Franks, Rice and Chicken
- DINNER: Hormel Compleats (less spicy ones), Larger sized Hormel Chili, Larger sized Chef-boy-ar-dee pasta meals, Ready to eat soup cups (tomato or chicken noodle), individual fruit cups, individual applesauce
TOP FIVE BACKPACK NEEDS:
5. Individual applesauce cups
4. Individual instant oatmeal packets
3. Individual Mac n Cheese cups
2. Individual fruit snack packets
1. Hormel Compleats dinners
Chicken and Rice, Chicken and noodles, Chicken and Dumplings, Threee Cheese Chicken Pasta, Homestyle Beef and Potatoes, Meatloaf and Potatoes, Beef Tips and Potatoes
Donate. It costs about $40 a month to support a kid. Or $400 for the school year.